Organisation Background: Centre for Eye and Vision Research Limited (CEVR) is a research collaboration between The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) and the University of Waterloo (UW) in Canada under the InnoHK initiative. It is located at the Hong Kong Science Park, Pak Shek Kok,New Territories. The centre operates a clinical and a wet laboratory which houses cell culture, animal experimentation, mass spectrometry and other clinical facilities in eye research. Ground-breaking research in five key areas – myopia and eye growth, ocular drug discovery and delivery, vision enhancement, tear film and ocular surface and advanced optometric technology will be carried out in the lab. The mission of CEVR is to generate technologies to prevent vision loss in the aging population and preserve healthy vision.
- Biomedical research laboratory
- 5-day work
- Medical benefits
Responsible for daily cleaning and disinfection of indoor areas and facilities in a biomedical research laboratory.
- Perform routine cleaning of the laboratory
- Handle cleaning and drying of laboratory glassware and instruments
- Properly handle and dispose of waste with a designated waste collector
- Clean animal cages, bedding, and dispose of waste appropriately
- Wash animal cages and prepare animal cages for future use
- Maintain and keep stock inventory
- Adhere to laboratory standard operating procedures and safety guidelines
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisors
- At least 3 years of experience
- Proficient in Cantonese, basic understanding of English will be advantageous
- Relevant experience in animal laboratory cleaning preferred
- Proactive and diligent in work approach
- Diligent and with a can-do attitude
- High efficiency in task completion
Remuneration: Highly competitive remuneration package will be given. Applicants are invited to send the application form (download here), current salary and expected salary to the email email@example.com . Only shortlisted candidate will be notified for interview. Personal data collected in this recruitment will be kept in strict confidential and used for recruitment purposes only.
Application closing date: 4 Jan 2024 6 pm.