Marketing Manager (Ref No.:CEVR-MM)
Centre for Eye and Vision Research Limited (CEVR) is a collaborative research centre jointly owned by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) and the University of Waterloo (UW) in Canada under the InnoHK Initiative of HKSAR Government. It is located at the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. It is the first global hub performing ground-breaking research in five key areas – myopia and eye growth, ocular drug discovery and delivery, vision enhancement, tear film and ocular surface and advanced optometric technology. The mission of CEVR is to generate technologies to prevent vision loss in the aging population and preserve healthy vision.
The appointee will report directly to the Centre Senior Manager and lead the marketing team for various marketing and promotion activities of CEVR. He/She will be required to:
- plan for the all marketing activities and events
- act as key person in CEVR marketing and media activities
- supervise subordinate in the Marketing team
- connect and maintain good relationship with industry and partner
- lead and supervise internal and external marketing events
- monitor the development of CEVR website
- assist with commercialization of inventions
- prepare regular marketing reports
- perform any other duties as assigned by the CEO and Scientific Director as well as the COO and Deputy Scientific Director of CEVR and/or their delegates.
Applicants should have:
- a recognised degree in Business/Marketing/Media communication or equivalent
- at least four years of relevant post-qualification experience with a good track record in marketing, experience in promotion and commercialization within an ocular research centre is definitely an advantage;
- the ability work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- excellent planning strategy with good problem-solving skills
- reasonable computer literacy, including Chinese word processing, PowerPoint and Excel; knowledge in WordPress, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator is an advantage
- an excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, with fluency in Putonghua being an advantage;
- willing to work outside normal office hours as deemed necessary and;
- exceptional analytical, organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to work independently and within a team.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application. Applicants are invited to send their application form (download here) to firstname.lastname@example.org.